Dear Trail TRACKers, Families, and Friends,
In light of the precautions being taken nationally to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Kids in Parks will be suspending some of our usual operations in order to follow the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control, as well as orders from our respective state’s government. During this time, for the safety of both our team and partners, please expect delays in the mailing of our Trail TRACKer prizes, and also the omission of materials at our TRACK Trail locations, as we will be asking our partners to empty the brochure holders for the time being. With these temporary changes, we are hoping to do our part in limiting any potential transmission of COVID-19.
On a brighter note, you and your family can still safely practice social distancing outdoors. Not only is fresh air a great antidote against cabin fever, but a brisk 30-minute walk can help boost your immune system. So, at your own discretion, we encourage you to take advantage of getting out on a trail where possible. Just remember to:
- Keep to yourself, maintaining a 6-foot distance from others
- Avoid playgrounds and other community amenities such as public restrooms
- Avoid populated or heavily trafficked places
- Refrain from playdates and outings with large groups and people outside your immediate family
- Acknowledge any guidelines, restrictions, or closures mandated by your local city, county or state
- Wash your hands frequently
- Clean heavily-touched surfaces often
- And if you do not feel well, please stay home
In the meantime, you can still download Kids in Parks activities from our website. Whether it’s an adventure brochure from a specific TRACK Trail, our Backyard Adventures activity brochure, or one of TRACK-tivities from our Parents and Teachers’ resources, all of these things will be available to you for free. We will also frequently update our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and blog with additional news, activities, and other Kids in Parks content over the next few weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the KIP team via email, DM, or phone.
Stay safe and well!
- The KIP Team