- Adventure Stories
- Introducing e-Adventures!
As we continue to expand our network of TRACK Trails, we consider how we can integrate more accessible options into our mix of activities for kids and families. As such, in light of closures brought on by COVID-19, we've launched e-Adventures! Our new way to help children and families stay healthy and connected to nature while at home. These virtual activities, which have been converted from some of our most popular TRACK Trail brochures, can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or other browser-compatible device. You can complete e-Adventures in your backyard, neighborhood, local park, an official TRACK Trail, or anywhere in between.
To begin exploring e-Adventures today, simply go to the official e-Adventures page, choose the activity you'd like to do, and then register your e-Adventure the same way you would any other Kids in Parks adventure! The activities you can choose from include:
- Hide & Seek – A guide to finding elements of nature all around, including birds, trees, flowers, and animal tracks
- Animal Athletes – Encourages children to mimic animal motions to stay active, including the fast wing flaps of hummingbirds
- Flower Power – Helps children explore nature's color palette through flowers, and learn about flower anatomy
- Forest Bathing – Also known as Shinrin-Yoku, Forest Bathing is a practice that originated in Japan as a way to relieve stress and has caught on around the world. This activity was created in response to the upheaval in routine and challenges that families are experiencing right now.
Over time, we plan to add more e-Adventures to our online catalog. So, stay tuned! As with all Kids in Parks adventures, your participation with e-Adventures will earn you prizes that you can take on future outdoor adventures!