- Adventure Stories
- 5 Ways to Continue Your Adventure After School Starts
5 Ways to Continue Your Adventure After School Starts
Just because summer break is over, it doesn't mean that outdoor fun has to end. Getting outside is a great way to relax after stressful tests, spend time with friends and family, and have fun. Let's explore some of the ways you can keep your adventure going throughout the school year.
- 1. Maximize your weekday time - You don't want to spend all of your after-school time driving to your destination. Choose a place nearby, so you can spend more time playing and less time waiting. Click here to use our hand map to find TRACK Trails near you.
- 2. Use your weekends for longer adventures - If you want to check out a TRACK Trail further from home, utilize the power of the weekend. With two whole days to explore, the possibilities for adventure are almost endless. Visit that National Park you've always wanted to check out or visit that super cool state park a couple of hours away. This is your time to let your imagination run wild!
- 3. Hang out with your friends at a park - Spending time with friends is awesome. Spending time with friends outside at a park or in the forest is even better. Not only is there room to be a kid (ever had your parents tell you to stop being so wild in the house?), but parks have a lot of features to make your play time even more fun. Hit the trail, shoot some hoops, play a round of disc golf. Go wild!
- 4. Seasons make old parks new - If you only hike in the summer, you're missing out on a whole bunch of awesome experiences. As summer turns to fall, winter, and spring, you will make fascinating discoveries. The forest in fall is a wonderland of color. The silence of a hike through snow is both peaceful and thrilling. Exploring the emerging flowers and green of spring is just you need to lift your mood after a long winter. Just be sure to dress for the weather to make sure your hike is a success!
- 5. Use TRACK-tivities for seasonal hikes - Our monthly e-newsletter has seasonal TRACK-tivities that will give you quick and fun things to do outside. The newsletter also keeps you up to date on any upcoming events or news that will help make your hiking life even better. If you aren't already on our mailing list, click here to sign up.
Those are just some of the ways you can maximize you outdoor fun in the upcoming school year. See if you can come up with some other tips on your own. See you on the trails!