Meet the Trail TRACKers of August
ELLIOT & ALAINA
Who have TRACKed 26 and 22 Adventures with Kids in Parks!
What’s your favorite TRACK Trail? Why?
- Elliot & Alaina: "Eno River State Park. There is always lots of wildlife around there – snakes, turtles, crawfish, we even once saw a heron catch a fish! We go there a lot and actually earned our Junior Ranger badge as well."
What’s your favorite TRACK Trail brochure adventure?
- Elliot: "Hide & Seek – it is like going on a treasure hunt in nature. Looking for things along the trail makes it more fun."
- Alaina: "Animal Athletes – it is fun to move like the animals in different ways."
What’s the most exciting wildlife you’ve ever seen on a TRACK Trail?
- Elliot: "We saw a deer on the trail in Dismal Swamp."
- Alaina: "Once we saw a turtle digging a hole for her nest."
What's the longest hike you've ever done?
- Elliot & Alaina: "Mt. Rogers – we went through Grayson Highlands first and then all the way to the summit of Mt. Rogers. It felt like we were walking for days."
What's the coolest trail experience you've ever had?
- Elliot & Alaina: "Climbing the ladders at Grandfather Mountain. We just did a similar hike up the Beehive trail in Acadia National Park."
If you could go for a hike anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Elliot: "The Grand Canyon"
- Alaina: "The Bubble Mountains in Acadia National Park" (the name sounded really fun and we were just there)
Do you have any hiking tips for other Trail TRACKers?
- Elliot & Alaina: "We like to play games along the way like 'I spy', 'Guess the Animal' and making up silly rhymes for the song 'Down by the Bay'."
Check out their favorite TRACK Trail!