The featured Trail TRACKers for March are Elisa & Addie
who have tracked 10 Adventures so far with Kids in Parks!
Meet the Trail TRACKers of the Month
What’s your favorite TRACK Trail? Why?
- Elisa: "William B. Umstead State Park because I love to see the oak tree growing out of the rock. It’s really pretty, and I loved climbing on the rocks."
- Addie: "Hanging Rock State Park because I love to go on the bridge and see the waterfall!"
What’s your favorite TRACK Trail brochure adventure?
- Elisa: "Fun with Fungi because I find it interesting and like all the different kinds of fungi."
- Addie: "Fire on the Mountain because I like to see all the effects of the fire, like burn marks on the trees." (Parent Comment: The wildfire at Pilot Mountain happened the week we moved to the area and has remained a big topic of interest and conversation ever since.)
What’s the most exciting wildlife you’ve seen on a TRACK Trail?
- Elisa: "Seeing the butterflies and other pollinators at The Orchard at Altapass was the most exciting wildlife experience."
- Addie: "Seeing a turtle at Pilot Mountain."
What’s the longest hike you’ve ever done?
- Elisa & Addie: "The longest hike we’ve done was at Hanging Rock. After we did the TRACK trail, we went to a different part of the park and hiked another trail, so we hiked a total of about two miles that day."
What is the coolest trail experience you’ve ever had?
- Elisa: "Crossing creeks and climbing rocks on the trail."
- Addie: "Seeing a beaver lodge, animal tracks, and a heron at Weymouth Woods."
If you could hike anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Elisa: "I'd love to go for a hike in Hawaii and see a rare Hawaiian monk seal."
- Addie: "I'd love to go back for a hike at Pilot Mountain."
Do you have any tips for other Trail TRACKers?
- Elisa: "Stay quiet, listen, and look so you don’t scare away wildlife."
- Addie: "Get outside because it’s so awesome!"