Park rangers and representatives from other area outdoors-based institutions will be on hand at the Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor Center in Asheville on Saturday, June 23, starting at 9 am, to share their expertise and information with interactive activities.
Activities will include:
- 9 am: Kids in Parks Hike and Nature Photography from Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education (PCWE).
- 10 am: Project Wild Activitiy, also from the PCWE.
- 11 am: Parkway Survival Games with the rangers.
- 12 noon: Music by "Appalachian Fire." This music is sponsored by the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.
- 1 pm: Campfire cooking with the rangers.
- 2 pm: Playing safe in bear country with the rangers.
Event partners include Curtis-Wright Fly Shop, Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education; REI, Kids in Parks, North Carolina Arboretum; Carl Sandburg Home, Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park, and the USDA Forest Service-Bent Creek Experiemental Forest.
This is a "rain or shine" event. For more information, call the rangers at 828-298-5330, ext. 304.